Brookfield Veterinary Hospital (AAHA accredited) in Redmond, Washington is seeking an experienced Veterinary Technician.
The Veterinary Technician supports the doctors in providing high quality patient care and excellent client service. More specifically, the Veterinary Technician is responsible for obtaining baseline medical information, performing routine procedures, and assisting with surgery.
This is a full time position; scheduled days and hours may vary based on hospital need. Overtime and weekend work is possible. This position requires standing for long periods of time and some heavy lifting may be involved.
The Veterinary Technician reports to the Hospital Manager.
• Maintains a professional and calm demeanor with all clients.
• Greets the client and patient and helps ensure an orderly transition from the reception area to the exam room.
• Acts as an intermediary between the doctor and the client, responsible for tasks such as client follow-up phone calls after a visit or surgery.
• Clearly and accurately explains all services, procedures, and treatments.
• Recommends routine treatments and educates the client appropriately.
• Provides the client with all appropriate educational materials.
• Updates patient files accurately and in a timely fashion to allow for an efficient client check-out process.
• Notes any recommended products or services in the chart and communicates these with the Client Service Representative.
• Demonstrates and utilizes proper restraining techniques.
• Reads and accurately interprets the patient chart.
• Obtains and records baseline medication information.
• Performs cursory examinations, including assessment of the eyes, ears, and teeth.
• Completes routine procedures such as nail trims, ear cleaning, and anal gland expression.
• Completes all necessary updates to the patient chart, specifically the treatment sheet (travel/circle sheet).
• Utilizes the hospital computer system to enter appropriate products and services from the treatment sheet (This responsibility may be shared with the Client Service Representative).
It is the policy of Fork Union Small Animal Clinic and National Veterinary Associates to afford equal opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability or status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran. Thank you for applying with Fork Union Small Animal Clinic and National Veterinary Associates.