Abby Pet Hospital located in Fresno, California, is seeking an Associate Veterinarian to join our dynamic practice!
Abby Pet Hospital is a well-respected hospital that has been providing compassionate care for over 40 years. Our team takes pride in knowing that we provide progressive pet care while creating client trust and improving pets’ health. The ideal candidate for this position is a doctor who is passionate about their work, values and thrives in the special culture and pace of our hospital, and effectively communicates and collaborates with our existing team to provide the highest standards of care to our patients. We feel fortunate to provide the level of veterinary care in this community that we do, while still having endless recreational opportunities in our back yards!
• We are an 8-doctor, progressive, and paperless practice that offers state-of-the-art medical care. Our senior doctors have a diverse knowledge base and are eager and willing to share that knowledge and discuss cases.
• Our doctors experience a diverse case load: Annual examinations, Puppy and kitten exams, emergencies, trauma, and wounds, to difficult internal medicine cases
• Electronic medical records through Avimark
• We encourage and support the cultivation of doctors’ special veterinary interests. We are willing to explore new ideas in medical procedures and pharmacology.
Our equipment includes:
• Digital radiographs, Telemedicine, Electrocardiogram (ECG)
• Dedicated and fully equipped dental suite, Oral examinations, dental cleaning and polishing, extractions, fracture repair, Digital dental radiographs
• Complete in-house laboratory, as well as Idexx and Antech referral lab
• Brand new ultrasound with great cardiac imaging capability
• Therapeutic Laser
• Two Dedicated surgery suites with up to date anesthesia and surgical equipment: spays and neuters, declaws, mastectomy, lacerations and abscesses, tumor removals, orthopedic surgery including routine bone plating, luxating patellas, TPLOs, FHO, etc., abdominal surgeries including GDV, foreign bodies, cystotomies, biopsies, etc.
In addition to the responsibilities outlined below, the Associate Veterinarian is an invaluable member of the hospital team who works directly with a Managing Doctor and supporting medical staff. This individual advances the quality of medicine in the practice and provides exceptional client service to our clients and patients.
· Builds rapport with clients by gathering information and listening to, and empathizing with their concerns
· Performs physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures that deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
· Communicates with clients on topics such as pet diagnosis, treatment plans, preventive health care, and nutritional needs.
· Maintains client/patient medical/surgical records and makes certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols.
· Stays current on new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine.
· Assists in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
· Presents a positive image of the hospital in the professional community and to the general public.
Skills and Basic Qualifications
· A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) or related degree from an accredited university.
· Licensure in good standing to practice in CA.
· Commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine and upholding veterinary code of ethics.
· Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Works collaboratively with hospital team members.
· Makes decisions confidently and effectively.
· Manages time and tasks appropriately.
· Models a professional and courteous manner with staff and clients.
· Commitment to ongoing educational development and growth.
If you are looking for an excellent practice, with unmatched growth potential, we want to hear from you! Please apply today!