McLean Animal Hospital is looking for a Treatment Manager to join our team!
We are a busy, progressive, 8 doctor, small animal, AAHA certified practice in McLean, Va. We have state of the art technology and equipment to give our valued clients and our patients a high standard of care. Our team members are educated, compassionate, and passionate about their work. We are open 7 days a week as follows: 7am-8pm Monday-Friday and 8am-4pm Saturday and 8am-1pm on Sunday.
We are looking for a strong leader to work alongside our hospital team and oversee our treatment room. Our treatment team consists of Licensed Veterinary Technicians and Veterinary Assistants. An ideal candidate would come with Veterinary experience and preferably have an active license to practice as a Licensed Veterinary Technician. In this role the manager will maintain a work schedule that allows oversight on all shifts throughout the week and weekends.
Some basic job duties include, but are not limited to:
- oversee daily operations to keep the floor running smoothly.
- continuously implementing hospital policies and procedures to assure staff and pet safety
- help maintain our treatment team by partnering with management team to interview, train, develop, coach, and mentor all employees
- ensure employees work productively and develop professionally, including ensuring continuing education is being provided for staff
- conduct yearly reviews for treatment staff
- conflict resolution for staff/clients.
- maintain hospital internships and preceptorships
- conduct monthly meetings to ensure continuous communication between departments
- assist working in the practice as a Veterinary Assistant/LVT as needed
- assure all equipment in treatment is maintained according to manufacturer's recommendations
- maintaining policies and procedures in accordance with AAHA local, state and federal laws
- work alongside the business owners and Practice Manager to contribute to strategize for personal and business growth.
We offer a great benefit package with health/dental, 401K, vacation, sick and holiday leave, CE pay, & employee discounts. Pay is commensurate with experience and skill level. We hope you consider joining our team.
Requirements for this position are as follows:
1) Be honest, reliable, and a strong leader.
2) Must have excellent organizational, written/verbal communication and time management skills
3) Have a positive and compassionate attitude.
4) Capable of working in a fast-paced environment.
5) Work well independently and as a team member.
Bonus: Be a current Virginia State Licensed Technician or ready to graduate and take your Va. State Boards.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $25.00 per hour, negotiable with experience.