**Generous Sign-On Incentives!!
**Up to $145k Base Salary as MDVM (varies based on qualifications/experience)
Whether you are an experienced Medical Director / Managing Veterinarian seeking a fulfilling career, or a newer Veterinarian seeking to grow into this role, Roanoke Animal Hospital has a place for you! Our wonderful practice is now seeking an energetic and compassionate Medical Director / Managing Veterinarian to join our team! If you are outgoing, able to easily connect and communicate with patients and team members alike AND are passionate about providing high levels of clinical care in the exam room as well as in the surgical suite- Roanoke Animal Hospital is the place for you!
Roanoke Animal Hospital is Eastern North Carolina’s premier full-service veterinary hospital. Our modern three doctor practice offers a wide variety of cutting edge medical, surgical, and dental treatment options to a loyal and compliant clientele. Our doctors enjoy the support of a cohesively trained, cheerful staff, and a sustainable work-life balance.
As the Medical Director / Managing Veterinarian, you will enjoy:
- Generous Base Salary + production
- Choice of Incentive(s): Student Loan Repayment Plan, Retention Bonus, Sign-On Bonus, Health Insurance Reimbursement, Vacation Allowance, Relocation Assistance or Donation to a charity of your choice!
- Quarterly Leadership Bonuses of up to 10%
- Comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, ancillary coverage & 401k
- Attractive PTO and a rotating schedule which will provide a healthy work-life balance from large blocks of days off, including weekends and no on-call hours required
- $4,000 in CE and in addition we will pay for Licensing, DEA, dues & fees
- Opportunity to provide new services to our community- Viewmont Animal Hospital supports the CE interests of our Veterinarians!
Our multi doctor practice enjoys the support of a well-trained and highly utilized technical support staff along with high quality diagnostic, treatment, and surgical equipment, allowing you to practice in an encouraging, supportive environment.
· Fully equipped surgical suite, offering a variety of soft tissue and orthopedic surgeries
· Ultrasound and Echocardiogram
· Digital radiology- including dental!
· Reproductive services
· Full-service boarding, grooming, and daycare
Medical Director / Managing Veterinarian -- Leadership Qualities, Responsibilities & Qualifications:
We are looking for someone who will foster a positive, supportive environment that will encourage learning and collaboration across our team. We want someone who instills teamwork! You should be passionate about providing quality medicine, client education, and exceptional service to our loyal clientele.
Advancing Medical Care
- Oversee surgical and medical cases for all doctors, ensuring positive outcomes, accurate estimates, and client communication and education
- Answer client questions and concerns regarding medical and surgical procedures
- Provide oversight and direction of medical standards, quality of care and inventory
- Establish medical protocols
- Oversee transfer of medical cases from doctor to doctor
- Minimizes waste and controls costs relating to medical supplies, surgical instruments, and drug inventories
Leading Staff and Practice
- Participate in recruiting and interviewing process for Doctors, and when appropriate general staff members
- Be passionate about Mentoring other Associates
- Monitor Doctor performance and production
- Participates in technician appraisal and medical counseling sessions
- Ensure all medical staff receive applicable training, including the mentoring of new graduates
- Supports the Hospital Manager with staff training programs and tracking CE and DVM licensure
- Drive revenue and contribute to hospital growth, including managing hospital expenses
- Assist in the preparation of an annual planning strategy, operating budget and capital budget
- Monitors key financial reports
- Drives patient visits and encourages community involvement
- Embrace change and support interests within the hospital
- Monitors client service, marketing, and growth initiatives
Skills and Basic Qualifications
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree, or equivalent, from an accredited university
- Licensure in good standing to practice in the state of North Carolina
- Commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine and upholding the veterinary code of ethics
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Delegates tasks and achieves results with hospital team members
- Makes decisions confidently and effectively
- Leads employees by coaching, correcting, developing, and motivating them to achieve success
- Manages time and tasks appropriately
- Models a professional and courteous manner with staff and clients