Join the team at Park Hills Animal Hospital & Wellness Center!
We are a busy Suffolk County Veterinary Practice seeking a Full Time Veterinarian. The ideal candidate is energetic, a competent decision maker, has a positive attitude and can effectively communicate with clients and colleagues. We are conveniently located in Deer Park, NY and have a high quality, state-of-the-art hospital with Digital Radiography, Ultrasound, Dental and Digital Dental Radiography.
We offer a competitive salary, CE and other benefits. We are open 6 days a week with an experienced and friendly support staff.
In addition to the responsibilities outlined below, the Associate Veterinarian is an invaluable member of the hospital team who works directly with a Managing Doctor and supporting medical staff. This individual advances the quality of medicine in the practice and provides exceptional client service to our clients and patients.
· Builds rapport with clients by gathering information and listening to, and empathizing with their concerns
· Performs physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures that deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
· Communicates with clients on topics such as pet diagnosis, treatment plans, preventive health care, and nutritional needs.
· Maintains client/patient medical/surgical records and makes certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols.
· Stays current on new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine.
· Assists in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
· Presents a positive image of the hospital in the professional community and to the general public.
Skills and Basic Qualifications
· A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) or related degree from an accredited university.
· Licensure in good standing to practice in the state in which applicant is to be employed.
· Commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine and upholding veterinary code of ethics.
· Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Works collaboratively with hospital team members.
· Makes decisions confidently and effectively.
· Manages time and tasks appropriately.
· Models a professional and courteous manner with staff and clients.
· Commitment to ongoing educational development and growth
National Veterinary Associates is a leading global pet care organization united in the love of animals and the people who love them.
NVA, a community of approximately 1,400 premier locations consisting primarily of general practice veterinary hospitals in addition to equine hospitals and pet resorts, and Ethos Veterinary Health, which consists of 145 world-class specialty and emergency hospitals, are rooted in a culture of compassion and innovation.
NVA and EVH’s innovative, collaborative approach underpins a shared commitment to delivering exceptional veterinary care. For more information, visit www.nva.com.